Challenge Cup

Discussion in 'Sliema Hotsticks' started by Henry, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Henry

Henry FHF Newbie

Now is the time to have a sane discussion on our game. Mhux meta nirbhu biss. Just keep it cool u m'hemmx insulti.

2. xiki

xiki FHF Newbie

Loghba sabiha hafna, ekwilibrata u t-tims baqghu kompatti sal-ahhar minuta! :-X hekk lghabna fil-final??

3. Leli

Leli FHF Newbie

This is just the Challenge Cup, but it was like the World Cup Final for many. Which is good to a certain point, but before the game I heard Tony saying that he wanted to try some things out.

We still don't realise that we all have common goals and by insulting or yelling at each other we won't get anywhere. The easiest thing to do is to point fingers and blame each other but I think that yesterday's, overall performance did not save anyone!

We have our own limitations, but if everyone had to put in some more effort to improve his play, we could challenge anyone. We have a very hard competition in April, but if players are not going to take training, and the game in general, seriosuly from now, we are heading for an unpleasant Easter.

Players who have attended 80% of the sessions so far can be counted on one hand (excluding juniors). What happened to the rest.

More effort has to be done for training, and during training people must be concentrated, motivated and prepared to work hard. We cannot give up because we run out of breath or because we are tired. The moment we push forward is the moment we improve.

Physically we are still far away from an acceptable level and this was evident yesterday. Just imagine what will happen in Easter with the foreign teams. It is useless to have 3 to 4 players who are fit if the others are playing statues.

Finally, for now, we must learn to disguise our emotions during the game!

4. Pierre

Pierre FHF Newbie

I only saw the first half so I am going to give my opinion on this part of the game.

First of all I think we started well but than we seemed to loose the midfield.

Secondly we conceded two goals that came from short corners and from the same side so one must look on how we are defending the short corners.

Third I was very disappointed with certain players because their behaviour was unacceptable. They should give a good example a not loose their heads and frustrate other players.

Fourthly, when are we going to learn not to argue with the empires, is it possible that we are so thick headed that we don't realise that we gain absolutely nothing by this sort of behaviour.

And lastly please try to give support to each other during the game, it is so demoralizing for a player who is trying to do his best and than finds everybody shouting at him when he makes a mistake. Most probably you end up playing with ten men.

PS. Great goal Steve, prosit.

5. Smithy

Smithy FHF Newbie

I agree with Manuel and Pierre on many points.
    This is what I think:
    1. We have to stick together during games and always encourage rather than correct! Also It is important that everyone (including first and foremost me obviously!) concentrates on the way he is playing and not how the others are playing!
    2. We got discouraged and demoralised too quickly.
    3. We are putting too much pressure on ourselves... let's forget the Easter tournament during games and focus on the game at hand Sunday after Sunday.
    4. Players should take training more seriously both with regards to attendance and concentration during the actual session... It is very discouraging to see players stopping in the physical part of the training session after 5 mins!... A game is 70 mins long for Christ's sake!
    5. On the positive side: Their were some good organised moves in the first half and a good show of character in the second half. Wonderful goal Steve!!
    See you all tomorrow!!!