Attacking GK committing offence at PC

Discussion in 'PS and Goalkeeping' started by wwjnr, Mar 11, 2008.

1. philthy

philthy FHF All Time Great

i'm scared
    the world has turned completely upside down

the umpires are going
    [​IMG]

2. redumpire

redumpire FHF All Time Great
    FHF Moderator

Phil, you been trawling some kind of "J-pegs for spods" site? First it was the way cool grammar cat and now this...

3. philthy

it's my last week being an admin monkey...
    i'm spending a lot of time playing on google images before i actually have to start working when i'm in the office!!!

4. redumpire

FHF Moderator

Ok, if you're that bored, here's a challenge. Knock-up a pic of Keely in a lilac mankini and me in Diana Rigg's catsuit, duking it out in an inflatable 12ft-diameter paddling pool in 48 pints of gently warmed Nutella, without making the Nutella look like effluent.

5. philthy

honestly red, i'm very busy and important!!!

:rolleyes:

6. Snoody

Snoody FHF All Time Great

And if you can manage that, I'd like a 24in. x 18in. copy, preferably laminated lol

7. redumpire

FHF Moderator

You and me both, hun; you and me both...

8. Twister

Twister FHF Regular Player

Is that the sound of the NHS grinding to a halt?

9. redumpire

FHF Moderator

Not the whole edifice Twister, no. Anyway, I hear that you had to call on our services recently?

10. braxer001

braxer001 FHF Legend

It's all gone down hill when a goalie has to bring an umpiring corner topic back on topic ;)
    But here goes!!

And on what grounds would you be sending the gk back into the 23m? As far as I see, the only rule to apply here is:

Imo, I don't think that simply standing still outside the 23m area during a PC at the other end can be seen as 'taking part in the match', since that phrasing implies having some (direct) influence on the game.
    Is it a case of interpretation or is there black and white?

11. redumpire

FHF Moderator

Simply, Braxer, that there is a possibility that the ball may be "smashed up the field" (see other posts elsewhere) following the PC, at which point the GK may very well become an active participant in the match. My preference for pro-active / preventive umpiring means that I'd like to reduce the possibility (however remote) of that happening. But I see your point.

12. braxer001

braxer001 FHF Legend

Ah I understand :) Although I wouldn't like to hear 'get back in the 23' (politely) if I were playing, I would prefer being allowed to stand there, and then see what happens, maybe the ball gets to you, maybe it doesn't. If it does, don't touch it or be prepared to accept the yellow card with a smile lol

13. keely

keely FHF Legend

There is an alternative. If you're so intent on being a part of things when the play is not in your end, there's a phrase for those that can do that: field players.

Otherwise, it sounds to me like tempting fate for no other reason than to make a statement against the manifestly unfair shackles cruelly confining GKs everywhere seems like a pointless exercise to me. :rolleyes:

14. Twister

Twister FHF Regular Player

Unfortunately yes! Out 'til next season with a snapped achilles - it's a very fashionable injury at the moment. I am 7 weeks in, off the crutches and walking around in a big 'ski boot' type contraption. Currently filling my time assessing umpires - poor them!

15. zippytime

zippytime FHF Legend

Don't you have to know something about umpiring before you go assessing them Twisty :p

16. justin-old

justin-old FHF Legend

It certainly didn't hamper the guy who did my first L1 assessment, zippy >: ....he even managed to assess my warm-up routine as 'inadequate'(or words to that effect), although he turned-up too late to have seen it :eek:

Actually, in the days when he could see, he was quite a competent umpire..... becoming President of BOHUA seemed to do strange things to his personality!

And, back on topic, again.... I just repeat that it's pretty stupid to go and remain outside the 23 when advised not to by the person with whistle and cards ;) And why do it?....doing so serves absolutely no useful purpose that I can think of!

17. deegum

deegum FHF Legend

what's a warm up routine? :baffled:

18. philthy

standing under the hand-dryer in the changing rooms for as long as possible before venturing out into the cold

19. Kilmory

Kilmory Administrator
    FHF Administrator

At the end of the day guys the umpire is always right, so why provoke them? If they are good enough to give you a warning you would be very foolish not to take it. In MY experience it is just easier to take it on the chin and learn what the umpire expects.

20. braxer001

braxer001 FHF Legend

I was not saying to go against the warning/Advice from the umpire. I was saying that I don't like what's in the advice :)