Astros

Discussion in 'Other Gear Questions & Reviews' started by Jemma, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Jemma

Jemma FHF Newbie

I have got a pair of football Astros should I keep going with them or should I change to hockey astros xx if so what ones

2. MK

MK FHF Legend

Depends on your budget, and whether you think the footie astros arent working properly?

3. Jemma

Jemma FHF Newbie

I do like footie but i am not in a tea, i dont have enough time but what ones should i get if i have an unlimited budget xx (but i really dont)
    :(

4. alanajane

alanajane FHF Newbie

well i am lucky that my feet are very small and i have to get child's astro's... I have a pair of Grays G800's that ive had for about 8months.. Before i used to have adidas football astros.. My grays ones were £25 on ebay.. My advice is: hockey astros are alot better or thats what i found. They have better grip and seem to protect my feet better... But they are only worth the money if you play alot.. And always check ebay as most of the time they are cheaper on there :) hope this helps. xx

5. Alex Halliday

Alex Halliday FHF Starter

i have had asics and addidas astros and i would recommend the asics over the addidas as i found the addidas very heavy!
    the addidas i had:http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=ad...=21&ved=1t:429,r:13,s:0,i:94&biw=1241&bih=606

when needing a need pair i switched to asics and bought :http://www.amazon.co.uk/ASICS-Gel-B...LAOG/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1335100831&sr=8-8
    i still have these and would recommend them!
    although if on a budget you could always buy addidas kanadia: http://www.runnersneed.com/pws/Uniq...D=RADI0060KE&gclid=CPjjwMrGyK8CFcESfAodxGWX7A
    i have had a pair of these and they are good but they have negatives; dont last as long as proper hockey astros and they aren't as protective!
    hope i've helped! :)

6. theYoungster

theYoungster FHF Starter

I used to have football astros then a pair of hockey shoes which offered little protection and i found the soles wore away very quickly compared to the adidas trial running shoes I used which I have used last season. Only downside to trial running shoes is on a water base your feet get very wet or even when it rains get gortex ones if you can. The protection side is limiting but I have had no bruised toes or anything of the sort. I am onto salomon speedcross 3 trainers which are the best I have ever had, dry feet thanks to vortex

7. Olir

Olir FHF Top Player

As a player who suffered a really nasty big toe injury this year - GET SOME HOCKEY ASTROS. I was actually wearing hockey astros when I got the injury, but they were fairly worn out.

Feet injuries suck, they can completely disable your entire body by shooting horrendous pangs of pain up your spine.

Hockey astros will often have a hard ring around the shoe protecting you from the ball hitting you flat. Some offer toe-caps made from rubber that will protect the most delicate part of your foot. It only takes one smash from a hockey ball to do a terrible amount of damage. Football astros are designed to help you get a closer feel of the ball, the soft, leathery football. Not a hard, unforgiving hockey ball.