Any Kiwis or Aussies want to play hockey in Germany?

Discussion in 'Adverts' started by SBC1981, Dec 29, 2016.

1. SBC1981

SBC1981 FHF Newbie

My club is based in Berlin and is interested in recruiting overseas players for the second half of this season, April-June 2017. At the moment we're just trying to see if there is any interest before we pursue this further. We would also consider players looking to play next season (2017/2018) who wish to join us in August.

We are looking for players for our men's 1st team. We are looking for New Zealand or Australian players in particular, who ideally play at a high level - State U18/U21/National League level. We would also consider players who play 1st Division club hockey depending on where the competition is based.

We don't pay players to play for us, although depending on the person we might be able to offer a small amount of money for assisting with the coaching of a junior team. We wouldn't be able to help with visas or permits. We might be able to assist with airfares depending on the level of the player, and we could provide free accommodation.

As I mentioned above, we're really just trying to gauge interest at the moment. So if you're interested please let us know - jasetheace@protonmail.com

#1 SBC1981, Dec 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  2. Planet Hockey

Planet Hockey FHF Top Player

SBC - So going by your post - you won't pay them, you won't help them get a visa or permit and you "may" help with airfares - then explain WHY anyone would bother showing an interest. Just curious.

3. SBC1981

SBC1981 FHF Newbie

Hi Planet Hockey,

Thanks for your post.

WHY anyone would want to play for us depends entirely on the individual. Like most hockey clubs around the world we are not able to pay players to play for us, but we can provide free accommodation in Berlin, which is a great place to live. Yes, we can help with airfares - but this depends on the credentials of the player (this is not uncommon). New Zealander's and Australian's can apply for working holiday visas for Germany and do not need our assistance to get a visa.

We offer the opportunity to live and play hockey in Berlin and offer the opportunity to earn some pocket money by assisting with the coaching of a junior team at the club.

This opportunity may appeal to those who are embarking on their OE, or looking for a European base for a couple of months while they travel around Europe. This opportunity may also appeal to those looking to experience German Hockey, or to those wishing to experience living in one of the best cities in Europe.

For more information please contact - jasetheace@protonmail.com

#3 SBC1981, Dec 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
    SugarRayParlour and CG14 like this.
  4. Nij

Nij FHF All Time Great

I can think of a few young men that would see it as a good excuse to visit Europe. The relevant age-group tournaments are done by then l, and the bonus of playing regular high-level hockey outside of a rep team would be enough to convince them.

Andrew Carrigan and SBC1981 like this.
  5. Andrew Carrigan

Andrew Carrigan FHF Top Player

The email you provided bounced back, says the address does not exist.

Cheers

6. SBC1981

SBC1981 FHF Newbie

Sorry Andrew, there was a typo in the e-mail address above. I have amended it. Please try again.

#6 SBC1981, Dec 31, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  7. martingtzlopez

martingtzlopez FHF Newbie

Hello, I am martin, goalkeeper of the national team of mexico, I am 19 years old, despite my young age, I am an experienced goalkeeper with participation in Aquece Rio (pre-Olympic) in Rio de Janeiro, world league round 1, several times junior and senior national champions. Looking for the opportunity to grow in the face of the tournaments that are coming with my selection and arrive in the best way, this is about to start the Copa America, Central American and Caribbean Games and Pan American Games. If you like, I can send you my curriculum. thanks greetings
    Email martingtzlo@outlook.com

8. Planet Hockey

Last time I looked Mexico wasn't part of Australia or New Zealand :)

keeper2234 likes this.
  9. saido

saido FHF Newbie

Hello I am international hockey player from Egypt and I have green card in all Europ I can come with out visa and I played last year in Hamburg I can come but if you offer house and work thanks
    My best regards
    Ahmed said

10. Planet Hockey

Just blows me away how people cant even be bothered reading a post before replying - original poster asks for players from Australia and New Zealand.

Maybe Egypt because a state of Australia overnight and I missed it

11. keeper2234

keeper2234 FHF Starter

I would love to but I am only 16 and have school. Really hope these opportunities are still around when I leave school

12. jacobvcorbett

jacobvcorbett FHF Newbie

Hey I just sent you an email. I am from NZ with a top level playing and coaching background

13. Usman Ghani

Usman Ghani FHF Newbie

oversear gk?

14. martingtzlopez

martingtzlopez FHF Newbie

That's right, Mexico does not belong anywhere near Australia or New Zealand, I just look for the opportunity to play, I saw the post and as I did not see the response of the interested people I decided to publish my proposal, any questions or comments?