Advice for my daughter?

Discussion in 'Introduction to our hockey forum' started by DPM, Apr 8, 2017.

1. DPM

DPM FHF Newbie

Hi everyone

I've just signed up to try and obtain some advice for my daughter. She's 14 years old and has been selected for the Scotland U16 squad this year. She will be playing in the JIHPT Tournament at HDM in The Hague at Easter.

I'm hoping to find a relatively high level summer camp for her to attend and improve her skills and have come across the Sportsways Elite camp in Amsterdam. I wonder if anyone has experience of this camp or can advise on its suitability? Alternatively, can anyone recommend any other suitable summer camps?

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks.

Diederick de Jong likes this.
  2. Mdevanshk

Mdevanshk FHF Star Player

Sportsways ran a camp here in HK last year that my (then 13 year old) son attended. It was mixed ability but he got a huge amount out of it and let him build his skills. It was pretty hard work with 6 - 8 hours a day for 4 days.

The camp was run by Thomas Tichelman and two of his coaches from the Netherlands with assistance from some local coaches

I think the camp was one of the things that gave him the confidence to trial for the Hong Hong U18 squad. (He went on to be the youngest player at last years AHF U18 tournament in Bangladesh :) )

He would be doing the camp again this year but unfortunately his school holidays are the wrong week.

Long way of saying "recommended"

DPM likes this.
  3. DPM

DPM FHF Newbie

Hi Mdevanshk. Thanks, that's really useful.

4. MikesDad

MikesDad FHF Top Player

Futures Sports run great summer camps near Northampton, certainly the best residential camps in the UK. The Performance camps are the ones that I would recommend for your daughter.

https://www.futuressports.com

Diederick de Jong, DPM and G like this.
  5. DPM

DPM FHF Newbie

MikesDad - these camps also look great! Thanks very much for the link :)

6. Diederick de Jong

Diederick de Jong FHF Starter

I hope your daughter will have a great experience in the Hague!

With regards to hockey camps for the summer can share the experience of my 2 daughters. They participated in the Bovelander top hockey camp in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. This is an excellent hockey camp for improving skills whilst being fun as well. The level is high and personalised. They have professional trainers learning them tricks and improving skills. They have regular clinics of Dutch national team players such as Sander de Wijn. Staffing is top notch!

My daughters loved the camp and will sign up again. I wholeheartedly recommend this camp.

Please see: https://www.bovelander.nl/rotterdam-hockeyweek/

Best wishes,
    Diederick

7. DPM

DPM FHF Newbie

Diederick de Jong likes this.
  8. Ole Einarsson

Ole Einarsson FHF Newbie

Hi mate. WELCOME :D