Abuse of equipment?

Discussion in 'Resources, Equipment, Signals' started by Whitey, Oct 4, 2006.

1. animal

animal FHF All Time Great

Whadaya, know electrostically charged sand? Whoda guessed?

ANIMAL

2. alex.

alex. FHF Legend

well, surely when you slide over sand it picks up a static charge, just like rubbing something very hard with a cloth?

3. animal

Sorry, Alex, just taking the p**s. I dont know how to stop it.

ANIMAL

4. alex.

alex. FHF Legend

well you are a goalkeeper :eek: don't worry i know it comes naturally to us. sometimes my garbled remnants of physics AS level take over

5. braxer001

braxer001 FHF Legend

Sadly enough, most people believe in this...
    BUT, in my opinion, you have more right to neglect your own bought material than the equipment the club (or 'someone' else, like animals hockey library for example) bought for you...but hey that's just me :)
    And off course I understand that you take better care of the stuff you put your hard-earned money in. Next time just think of the people who put their hard-earned money in equipment for you :D

6. deegum

deegum FHF Legend

In defence of the borrowers, they often - esp at junior levels don't know HOW to take care of equipment, and it is used weekly by different people, or Dad "fixes" it.

Why is it always the same parts that go missing from helmets? :'(
    I resurrect a couple or three a year, but it is sad to see in the back of club rooms a " heap" of repairable gear because no one knows or cares to fix it.

7. animal

Deegum, thats where I come in. I'll fix one set (the best) and 'liberate' the rest for the library!!!

ANIMAL

[attachment deleted by admin]

8. NicfromSweden

NicfromSweden FHF All Time Great
    FHF Moderator

braxer yes this may be true but ofthen the kit you are lent by the club are shit atleast the junior stuff i used before and at the time i was to young to really know how to take care of my gear wich i feel i am able to now

9. braxer001

braxer001 FHF Legend

Off course, you both have a point as well. I was just talking about the receivers' end of the deal, not about the person/club supplying the gear. I they hand out crappy gear that urgently needs to be repaired, they might as well not hand it out at all :-[ and I personally give my little keepers (the ones I give training to) advice all the time about taking care of their equipment, as well as silly sounding stuff as packing their goalie bag ('My bag is too small, I can never close it properly' , untill you show them the beauty of order and puzzling it all in nicely :D) , and I 'repair' helmets all the time (I start the season by fitting all the helmets nicely to the heads of the goalkeepers)

10. NicfromSweden

NicfromSweden FHF All Time Great
    FHF Moderator

yeah the bag thing is allways a problem i got pritty good at it when beeing junior because all the gear actually couldnt fit my gearbag so i had to hang the helmet outside of the bag and carry the stick now when traveling with gk bag i can get most of my stuff into the OBO wheeliebag wich is nice
    I try to tell the junior keepers (and the stupid players of my team) to not sit on their/my bag when their kit is in it because some of the club kit have actually broken when people have been sitting on it (one bent grill on a helmet, ripps in legguards and kickers)