A yellow to the spectators?

Discussion in 'Cards' started by g9, Oct 5, 2007.

1. ivyleague

ivyleague FHF Top Player

we have had situations in Scotland where we have stopped time and asked the team to ask the spectator to stop being abusive or he will be asked to leave the ground, or the game will not restart. the captain/team mate/family member has always been swift to support this if one of their fans has been abusive. this is possible as most pitches are let by private or public bodies rather than owned by clubs. if they are not on the official match sheet technically they have no legal right to be in the pitch area.

the threat has always been enough.

i did ask one of the team players to go and ask her dad to stop following me up and down the pitch shouting abusive comments. she did, with a very red face, and probably lost her ride home from the game... lol

2. Jerome_LOU_HOCKEY

Jerome_LOU_HOCKEY FHF Legend

In France, I've never seen spectators getting a yellow card.
    As hockey isn't very popular, we don't want the few which come to see us playing to go home.
    Sometimes people in the stands insult umpires or other players, and I've already seen players swearing to the spectators...
    Since 2005, we have a "délégué technique" (only at top level) that sits in the stands and looks after players/coach/spectators behaviour.
    He's able to make a report to the french fed for misconduct, etc.

We had a coach that received a red card during a match for shouting too much to the umpires.

3. pop2cas

pop2cas FHF Regular Player

Since many (most?) games are played without a technical table, doesn't it really fall to the umpires to take on that role?

As to, "Vocal communication by... players on the team bench must not in any way be directed at... the players of the opposing team. " Some of the funniest comments and most humorous moments during many games would thus be eliminated. Pity! ;)

4. WizardfromOz

WizardfromOz FHF Newbie

Definately can't card spectators.
    If you are listening to this, then you are focusing on the wrong thing.
    The game needs your attention, not the spectators, use some reframing mental techniques if words are influencing you. If the bench are becoming extrodinarily over zealous have a word to the Captian, then get back to focusing on the game and your mental condition.
    Umpires should consider themselves athletes in the game as well, just that the reliance on mental fitness is equal to or higher than those of the other participants