2014 Hockey World Cup - The Hague

Discussion in 'FIH Tournaments' started by Folmer, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Craggsy

Craggsy Beikou Hockey founder
    FHF Moderator

I'm going for the entire finals weekend, got tickets for all the games Friday 13 - Sun 15, including the Finals! Its going to be amazing. Anyone else who will be there let me know, we can grab a beer.

2. Howard

Howard FHF Star Player

Reading the website, if there aren't enough bars, eating areas, shops and entertainment for you at the venue, they are gonna have a *hockey plaza* with a small pitch, bars, entertainment, tent with TV screens to watch the games, more shops and other goodies for everyone to enjoy in the city centre. Says it's the Binnenhof Square, but they don't give an actual location, the binnenhof's a big building; looking at Google there appear to be two or three which it could apply to.

If anyone knows, is it the square the 17 tram goes alongside? If not, which is it?? Thanks (gonna spend a lot of time wandering around aimlessly if it's not on the 17 route...!!)

3. Folmer

Folmer FHF All Time Great

The square is called "Plein". It's located right next to the Binnenhof (to the right of it on Google maps, lined with trees.)
    If you are planning to go by public transport the best way to plan your trip is to use the website 9292.nl. You can enter any address, attraction, etc. and it will show you the best way to travel there by public transport.
    For the trip from the hockey stadium to the Plein it will give you this advice (data and time is just an example)

4. Howard

Howard FHF Star Player

Thanks! Spotted it now! All the public transport is sorted from my hotel, No17 and then change at Centraal with a short walk from the metro nearest the stadium. Looks like there are trams still running after midnight which may come in handy!

5. Amritpal singh

Amritpal singh FHF Newbie

Dude i am coming there for Hockey coaching course.will be there on 11 let me know what are you plans....

6. Amritpal singh

Guys I am coming all the way from Asia to see it and i wish to get some nice friends there,also can someone help me to find any club for few day training,i can also help them with coaching as well. i am coming for coaching course level 2.Your help will me much appreciated.

7. Folmer

Folmer FHF All Time Great

Amritpal singh By the time the WC starts all club hockey will have ended for the season, so there will be little need for a coach. Some clubs have weekly training sessions which are usually nothing other than a friendly match between anybody who happens to be attending. It's males and females of all levels mixed together for a bit of fun hockey. You can just join for those sessions if you are interesed. I have no clue which clubs hold these sessions, so you have to scour the internet to find them.

8. Amritpal singh

Folmer I tried to find it ,but couldn't find,may be language problem,anyways thanks for reply mate.

if any 1 can find any club for me will be much appreciated.i can Coach from basic to high level....depends on what you are looking for.dates i will be available from 15 to 22 June .....

9. robtheaus

robtheaus FHF Star Player

anyone watching the Aus v Mas game right now?

Patrick121916 likes this.
  10. Epoxy

Epoxy FHF Starter

That Jamie Dwyer goal..... We need .gifs made of his goals.... so good.

robtheaus likes this.
  11. Wrighty1994

Wrighty1994 FHF Top Player

Unfortunately I cannot be there due to other commitments, however, I will be sat in front of my laptop or the TV from 9am most days to watch some fantastic hockey!

But Dwyer's goal in the AUSvsMAL game - such a master!

12. Patrick121916

Patrick121916 FHF Super Star

Classic Dwyer baseline run.

13. robtheaus

Yeah great to see some amazing goals in the first game of the world cup :D

14. Inselaffen

Inselaffen FHF All Time Great

Spains equalizer. Bit of an oops moment from Pinner!

ScottishDonald likes this.
  15. Patrick121916

Patrick121916 FHF Super Star

Wow that Australia vs Spain game yesterday was awesome! I would hate to be that Polish umpire he took a whole lot of mouth from the Spanish players and had to make some pretty tough decisions. Including that second stroke when the ball was going across the goal and there was a player behind. The Spanish goalie also made some pretty awesome saves, especially the deflection from Liam De Young! The Spanish only got one shot away in the whole game!

What about Time Deavin's celebration?

16. robtheaus

Devo's celebration was the best! and yeah I think the game was Australias as soon as spain got angry

17. robtheaus

How about Tom Boon, what a game he had against malaysia!

18. ScottishDonald

ScottishDonald FHF Legend

That upright reverse was amazing!

19. FastForward24

FastForward24 FHF All Time Great

Stick/s:
    Beikou Pro 90, Beikou Pro 10 Indoor
    Can anyone point me in the right direction for the amount of World Ranking points awarded for each place at the World Cup?

20. wdyw

wdyw FHF Legend

All on the FIH website. 1000 for 1st, 800, 750,700 etc. Same as for the Olympics. I'm more interested in seeing the final payout for the World League as it looks like all the 4 semi finalists got 300 points. If thats the case then I'm happy as a lot of countries just used it as preparation for the WC and sent a developmental side to the finals.