2012/2013 Rulebook

Discussion in '2013 Official FIH Rules Book' started by Kal-El, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Kal-El

Kal-El FHF Starter

Hey guys, quick question.

Is there any site I can order the latest rulebook from? I couldnt find an answer anywhere on the site and I know you can print them but I would prefer a proper copy!

Thanks!

Kal-El

2. alex.miles

alex.miles FHF Star Player

Kal-El, your best bet would be to order from your local umpiring group or your national association.

3. redumpire

redumpire FHF All Time Great
    FHF Moderator

4. Jon Parr

Jon Parr FHF Starter

5. Diligent

Diligent FHF All Time Great
    FHF Moderator

I believe the England Hockey books have been printed locally to satisfy initial demand, before books were available from FIH.

6. redumpire

redumpire FHF All Time Great
    FHF Moderator

And quite a few of them - apparently including all those shipped to NWHUA - seem to have been printed before the additional guidance was added to rule 9.7, i.e.

7. Diligent

FHF Moderator

Yes, the first print run by England Hockey Board's local printer was from the initial FIH version. The next print run did include the 'Rule 8' note to 9.7, but some batches got through with pages missing or duplicated. Since mid-November, it seems that rule books from England Hockey have been OK - they have replaced all the faulty copies they sent to us.

8. phorsfield

phorsfield FHF Newbie

Could you clarify next season rule changes, it has been discussed on several occasion by several members of the club that the reverse stick shot, pass, ie the edge of the stick will be not be allowed start from next season, I cant remember who started the talk, but it now become a definite rule change in some peoples eyes?

I have had a look on the EHB website and cant see anything the rule book states:

1. 9.6 Players must not hit the ball hard on the forehand with the edge of the stick.
    This does not prohibit use of the edge of the stick on the forehand in a controlled action in a tackle, when raising the ball in a controlled way over an opponent’s stick or over a goalkeeper or player with goalkeeping privileges who is lying on the ground or when using a long pushing motion along the ground.
    The use of the edge of the stick on the backhand has developed as a technical skill and is permitted subject to danger.

Yours thoughts would be helpful

9. Diligent

FHF Moderator

That would be just a rumour. The 2013 Rule Book has been in use for a full season in the north and is set for the new season in the south of the globe. Maybe an edge stick change for 2015, but I wouldn't bet on it.

10. Goalie64

Goalie64 FHF All Time Great

Firstly welcome.
    Rules change on a 2 year cycle, and the current ones date from 1/1/13, so I would expect the next ones to be valid from Jan 2015. Given that, they would be likely to come in for Northern hemisphere leagues for the 14/15 season, so starting in perhaps Sep 2014.
    This gives us "northerners" the whole of the 2013/14 season with the rules currently in play.

11. phorsfield

phorsfield FHF Newbie

I have to say it did confuse me when asked hence the question :oops:

thanks