2010 Indoor Pan Ams

Discussion in 'Pan America' started by Ridge, Aug 7, 2010.

1. keely

keely FHF Legend

No, you need far more than just the tech and the will. You need MONEY. From being on the Pan Am tournament scene for the last 8 years, I know exactly how little money there is.

2. goliePR

goliePR FHF Starter

yes the money is a limitation that also can be work! there most be a way to find sponsors for the pa-nam and the nationals so went we make an event we can do it. here in PUR, we just learn a lot of the pass CAC games 2010 and we already are preparing a program to get sponsors and also sell item to get the money to run another event. Right now the online games issue is not a priority now but has been mention. (when i said "we" i mean all of the people that love this sport and will work to make it better)

3. keely

keely FHF Legend

Here's a suggestion for your next field hockey event in PR: don't let political nastiness prevent it from being played on your field hockey pitch in San Juan. It was ludicrous to be playing such a showcase event for the region in a BASEBALL DIAMOND just because the competing bidders couldn't play nicely after the games were awarded to Mayaguez. :angry:

4. goliePR

goliePR FHF Starter

well a see no one explain you the problem of San Juan. the pitch belong to the city of San Juan, yes we fight for helm the event there, the mayor of San Juan does not allow us to use-it in the CAC because he was boycotting the games. Is not that we let the politics get in. they own the field we cannot use it without authorization. and that the real thing. that why we are working to get money and we need a lot for it.

5. keely

keely FHF Legend

Sounds like I got it exactly right. Politics interfered with the tournament, as the mayor boycotted the games because he lost the bid to Mayaguez.

Anyway, this is a complete thread hijack. Sorry everyone, let's get back to discussing the Pan Am championship. :sorry:

6. peterwins

peterwins FHF Legend

3-3 tie between USA and T&T was a very hard fought battle, although both teams made a lot of mistakes. USA took a while to find its rhythm against Mexico, but exploded in the last ten minutes for seven goals and a 12-0 scoreline. this set too high a target for T&T against Uruguay, as Uruguay played tough half court zone most of the game, with a few counterattacks in the second half. Final score was 2-0 for T&T. T&T play Canada and the USA follows against Argentina, who beat Peru 2-1 today.

all these four teams are now two wins away from the Indoor World Cup, so tomorrow's games will be extremely tough.

the two neutrals, Gus and John H rightly have the semis to umpire

peter

7. goliePR

goliePR FHF Starter

your right keely to talk about the CAC there another thread, sorry everyone. now for the pa-nam is looking great i hope we can have the indoor develop to olimpic level.

8. peterwins

peterwins FHF Legend

i had hoped to see PR at this Pan Am indoor. PR came to the first one in 2002 in Rockville MD. I remember antonio playing. Shame that Barbados and Brazil dropped out.

all the semis today were hard fought. the usa women came back from 2-0 down to tie uruguay but lost to a golden goal PC. trinidad men jumped ahead of canada, but canada played consistently and ran out 5-1 winners. argentina women came from behind to beat T&T 4-2 and the USA men jumped out to a 2-0 lead over argentina and held on to win 2-1.

tomorrow's medal games should be great.

peter

9. Ridge

Ridge FHF Star Player

Congrats on the win Peter. I see Moritz is scoring some goals for you guys. I've only seen him play outdoor, I'm guessing he is a good indoor player too?

10. goliePR

goliePR FHF Starter

well thanks peter i going to see what i can do to get a team back to international indoor