2010 Indoor Pan Ams

Discussion in 'Pan America' started by Ridge, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Ridge

Ridge FHF Star Player

Play starts on the 9th for both the men and the women at the 5th Indoor Pan American Games. What's everyone's predictions?

2. RobJ

RobJ FHF Top Player

3. Martindk

Martindk FHF Top Player

Whos going to win ? have only seen the US teams play

4. Ridge

Ridge FHF Star Player

From what I have seen the US men's team is going to be strong, a lot of returning players from last year. Plus their schedule going into competition looks rather easy, Argentina isn't on their schedule and they will only see them in the finals when they get there. I think those are the only two teams that will be good competition. Got a message from a friend on the US team, 5 of their players bags aren't there and won't be there until after their first game tomorrow! Not sure what he meant by bags, whether that was stick bag, clothing bag or both, I'm not sure. Could be interesting!

5. keely

keely FHF Legend

Really? Do tell, which team qualified from the Pan Ams for the last Indoor World Cup? And where exactly are the USA men ranked against that team?

Trinidad will give your men troubles. You'd be lucky to crossover against the Argies in the semi, but you'd still come up against the Canadians in the final.

As for the women's competition, since I umpire those teams generally speaking, it would be poor form to express an opinion. Fans might be interested to know that the Canadian women beat the Argies in a friendly played yesterday (or Sat., depending on Facebook time) 2-0.

6. fh4me2000

fh4me2000 FHF Regular Player

I have to agree with Keely, TT (aka Trinidad) is a force to recon with Indoors. But I think US and TT top pool B, and ARG and CAN top pool A. Crazy Semi-finals up ahead.
    I must admit that I was quite surprised and happy at the same time when I saw the result of GUY vs ARG. GUY losing 0-2 to ARG is a great result. Yeah to the GT boys.

In the Women's division. It will be either US vs ARG or CAN vs ARG in the finals.

7. Ridge

Ridge FHF Star Player

US Women have a lot of new faces this year, some of them a bit younger. Keely, did I see John's name on the umpires list? And I completely forgot about the Canadians! You would think I would have thought of them seeing I am going to school in Victoria this fall. lol

8. keely

keely FHF Legend

9. Martindk

Martindk FHF Top Player

Are there any online games ?

10. keely

keely FHF Legend

lol oh, that is funny. Martin, this is the PANAMS, not Europe!

11. Ridge

Ridge FHF Star Player

I was gonna ask the same thing but I knew it would be a rather stupid question. lol

12. Ridge

Ridge FHF Star Player

HAHAHA!! I just read the match sheet for the US men's first game. John was the umpire and my friend got green carded. I would love to know if John gave it to him. lol

13. Martindk

Martindk FHF Top Player

Sorry Keely for asking , will stop it lol

Have no idea how the setup are so thats why i asked...

14. peterwins

peterwins FHF Legend

yes. john did give Jaja the green card for "shadowing" at a self start before tackling. I was happy with some aspects of the USA Men's play, particularly the ball movememt in the second half and glad to get a win as Uruguay are a determined bunch. looking forward to the rest of the week. our next game is trinidad on thursday.

the umpires have a wide range of indoor experience and craig madden is working hard to get them on the same page. it will be a very hard fought tournament on the men's side to see who gets the qualification spot. if i had to guess on the owmen's side, canada and the USA look like the strongest sides, but uruguay and argentina could upset them

peter

15. Ridge

Ridge FHF Star Player

Good to hear Peter! I'll keep checking on how you guys do. JaJa keeps me updated on facebook.

16. fh4me2000

thanks for the update peter.
    Good luck.
    I bet Nigel is looking forward to the next game.

17. peterwins

peterwins FHF Legend

so much for my prognostications on the women's event as both Canada and the USA lost today to Trinidad and Argentina respectively. still think both there sides can bounce back.

Nigel is looking forward to a USA win over the country of his birth. should be a good game.

peter

18. keely

keely FHF Legend

...and if other readers are wondering, both games were on the women's side today.

19. fh4me2000

Keely ref to "your men" is the US team. Well called Keely.
    The game was 3-3.

From the reports, match sheet....looks like it was a great game. Any other details you can add Peter?
    Sure as hell make the final games for both team interesting. But I don't think it will really matter who they play in the cross-over. I think the final will be between Can and Arg.

20. goliePR

goliePR FHF Starter

Thats can be work for future events. we only need the tech and the will. and both are not so dificult to find.