1 V 1 Elimination?

Discussion in 'Training Tips & Coaching' started by Bezinga, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Bezinga

Bezinga FHF Starter

Stick/s:
    Adidas DF24
    I think a lot of people could benefit from this thread(including myself!)
    What are some good skills or tips for 1v1 elimination attacking or defending?
    What are some good drills to do at home?

Christian likes this.
  2. Christian

Christian FHF Top Player

Stick/s:
    JDH x79 Hook-Head Concave
    Right to left drags / left to right drags, 3d skills like dragging left, lifting the ball then tapping it right in midair. Practicing your agility is also a good idea. For defence I don't know about what you can do at home but when you're defending in a game try and force the attacker on to your strong side(forestick) and out wide where there shot on goal is harder. If you want more defending tips look up tackling with Mark Knowles, I found that video quite helpful and you'll find it on YouTube. For attacking I found DwyerOnline very helpful, I have to admit that the price is a bit high but I found that I have become a much better attacker thanks to it, if you don't want to pay though then you can look on YouTube and look up skill compilations. These are the things I do to help my elimination and all round skills, hope this helped.

Bezinga likes this.
  3. sammzib

sammzib FHF Legend

Stick/s:
    Y1 LB 90
    A few I like to use:

drag from right to left and lift over defender's stick using the toe of the stick
    squeezing the ball into the turf to get it to pop up over the stick of the defender
    carrying the ball on the stick in the air - easy to cause a stick tackle in the D

Christian likes this.
  4. Christian

Christian FHF Top Player

Stick/s:
    JDH x79 Hook-Head Concave
    Something to remember though is that just practicing these drags won't make you better in a game, defenders are unpredictable so you need to make them believe your going to do one thing then do another in order to completely eliminate them e.g. a small drag to the left then a large one to the right onto their weak side

Skills Pay Bills and sammzib like this.